Web design trends are constantly changing. The technical possibilities seem to be emerging and endless, and the designers experiment with new techniques, reinvent previous styles and play with extremes.
When push notification and never-ending open tabs keep on competing, it is no surprise that web design will be about clarity and intuitiveness. In today’s environment, websites need to be delivering their messages more clearly to stand out.
So, what will be the web design trends in 2020? If you wish to foresee the newest trends early, you’ll need help from experts. Here are the biggest web development trends of 2020:
- Dark Mode: Dark mode web designs are easy on eyes and make the colors and other elements look beautiful. Dark themes go well with OLED screens-saving power – but that doesn’t stop them from looking good.
- Imperfections that add personality: Hand drawn imperfect design elements show emotion and humanity in the website. In 2020, hand-drawn elements will give web designs an appealing look. These elements portray your brand personality and stand out from your competitors.
- Immersive 3D designs: 3D visuals have always excited people. The technology and price tag are the reasons what held this trend back. 3D is the best way to create an immersive experience for your website until virtual reality becomes cost-effective. This is an advantage for UX as well. As 2020 unfolds, you’ll see more 3D web designs breaking down the boundaries between digital space and reality.
- Soft Shadows, Layers and Floating elements: These create a pseudo-3D effect and make the design more layered and interesting. They add depth and make your web page look like a “3D Lite” look. You can use it with text and images too.
- Mixing photography with Graphics: Using original photographs mixed with graphics develop a memorable visual and communicates a customized message. These images can fully support branding and help websites stand out from the rest. To make the most of this trend, be sure to match the style of the graphics with your brand personality.
- Solid frames of White Space: When something is framed, it gives the image more position on the site so the website tends to stand out more. This gives the design stability and a clean look. Framing creates a perfect foundation for the visuals to stand out by allowing each element a generous amount of space.
- Glowing Luminous Color schemes: Futuristic color schemes and designs will be on trend next year. Duotone web designs will make this trend shine. Color schemes will play a critical role in web design. With trends like dark mode on the rise, glowing and luminous colors can shine.
- Ultra Minimalist navigation: Website content in 2020 will be more of the video and less of the text. Web design is going to be simpler to facilitate easy navigation. Extremely minimalist navigation takes away much of the difficulty in usability
Contact us to avail of our web development services or Download our Business Process Optimization Strategy App.